Conducting an Effective Safety Travel Path
When it comes to safety of our customer’s there are a few key areas that should be included in your restaurant travel paths.
- Parking Lots:
- All lights are in working order & cover the entire parking lot, tree branches are trimmed allowing lights to shine down.
- Check for potholes, cracks, trash, clear traffic patterns, and pavement stripping is plainly visible.
- Be sure that all sidewalks and ramps are clean, free of debris, and not blocked.
- No evidence of washout of rocks or mulch onto the sidewalks
- Interior Lobby:
- Chairs/tables are secure with all screws in place and sitting firmly on the floor
- Adequate number of wet floor signs available
- Dry mops available in lobby area
- All mop buckets are empty with mops hanging dry after each use
- Interior Bathrooms:
- All soap & paper dispensers are secure with covers locked
- Toilet seats are secure
- Wet floor signs are posted under/near hand dryer
- Baby changing stations are secure & in good condition.
- Assume floors will be wet – always bring a dry mop when performing the travel path in the bathroom.
- Drain grates are secure.
See the O&T Manual For Full Details