Background checks are relatively commonplace in many industries, but others don’t see the value. When debating whether to run checks, consider this:
- 69% of employers have made a bad hire. Of those, 41% reported that a bad hire had cost them $25,000 with nearly 25% reporting that a bad hire had cost them more than $50,000. This factors in loss or productivity, the time and cost to recruit and train another worker, how morale was affected, etc. Career Builder
- 53% of résumés and job applicants contain falsifications. Society for Human Resource Managers
- 70% of adults classified with substance use dependence or abuse, which can affect work performance and lead to an overall decrease in productivity, are employed full- or part-time. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Negligent hiring lawsuits (which occur when an individual abuses their authority and the employer should’ve known about the inclination to abuse said authority) often have verdicts as large as $40 million, plus costs incurred defending the company in court. National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence
- Over 50 billion was stolen annually from U.S. businesses by employees. Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Now that you’re sold on performing background checks, you have to seriously consider which provider you want to use.
- You need a solid provider – one who has preferably been in business for more than a decade, has shown steady growth over the years, has active membership in the National Association of Professional Background Screeners.
- You need a provider that can offer the checks you need – county, state and federal criminal checks in addition to a multi-jurisdictional criminal convictions database, plus drug tests, education and employment verifications, motor vehicle records and sex offender registries.
- You need a provider that is compliance-savvy – that provides regular updates to legislation which can affect your business and hiring practices, that can support your compliance requirements, that is actively innovating to support you.
These key components turn a background check provider into a background screening partner.
To find out more about backgroundchecks.com and to discover how we can become your partner, check out http://www.backgroundchecks.com/.
Article Source: backgroundchecks.com
Click the logo below for McDonalds specific information.