In recent years, auto accidents have been one of the largest sources of catasprophic insurance claims related to McDonald’s. These accidents can cause serious injuries to numerious people and damage to properties. As you know, many people within your organization have to drive their own car on company business. Managers, Supervisors, and Maintainance people drive between stores and to meetings frequently.
It is very important to have clear driving policies in place including all employee’s of certain titles to sign an agreement form regarding safe driving. This should include a policy on no texting, proper maintainance of their vechile, disclosure of any past driving accidents, etc. Below is a sampling of some resources that might also help.
- Fleet Driving Classes – Online
- American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Private Truck Council
- National Transportation Safety Board