All McDonald’s operations should have a policy in place on Safe Driving. This should be reviewed and signed by anyone that might ever drive on company business including Office Staff, DO, Supervisors, Managers, Maintenance, etc.
These programs are proven to work including saving lives and reduce insurance costs!
COMPONENTS OF A SAFE DRIVING POLICY
These basic safe driving practices should be clearly communicated to all employees in your company’s driving policy. This policy will set out the basic expectations and requirements for anyone driving a company vehicle or driving a personal vehicle while conducting company business. In this policy, consider covering the following areas:
1. Employees must maintain adequate licensing and, if driving their own vehicles, insurance.
2. Employees must adhere to all state and federal laws.
3. Employees must promptly report accidents, tickets, and violations.
4. Employees must practice safe driving habits.
5. Employees must never drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
6. Employees must always wear seatbelts.
7. Employees must adhere to clearly stated policies regarding the transportation of passengers.
These are just a few of the key points that should be covered in an effective safe driving policy.
Below is a sample policy to help you get started.