- Ensure all employees understand your Robbery Policy, with a signed Robbery Policy document on file.
- Ensure all security equipment (i.e. backdoor locks/alarms, CCTV systems, etc.) are functional.
- Utilize staggered method of opening and closing restaurants.
- Drive-thru window should be closed and locked.
- A restaurant should be well lit inside and outside.
- Back door must never be opened after dark, except for deliveries.
- Headset must be worn when throwing away trash.
- Background check all employee’s using a third party service.
- Ensure your CCTV security system is functioning properly.
- All parking lot lights should be working.
- Drive-thru security bar should be down and locked when not in use.
- Utilize intelligent safes and armored courier services.
- Conduct frequent skims, so limited amount of cash is available in each register.
- Ensure all employees are property trained on cash handling procedures, with a signed cash handling policy document on file.
- Make sure your shift cash manager understands they are responsible for safe counts, verification of deposit, assigning registers, and store key control.
- Ensure managers assigns only one cashier per register and only the assigned cashier is allowed to ring the register.
- Reiterate making change between drawers is not allowed.
- POS Password Integrity – Supervisor/Manager will ensure POS passwords are changed weekly, or if the system is compromised.
Source: U.S. Security and Others